Dedicated Electric Kits
Dedicated Vehicle Specific Wiring kits, sometimes known as 'dedicated wiring looms' or 'plug in kits', are becoming ever more popular for towbar wiring installation. These kits in most instances, where the features are present on the vehicle, interact with the built in safety features on the vehicle whilst towing. Also they can disable factory fitted parking aids.
- Single 7 Pin 12N - Road lights only excluding reverse.
- 13 Pin - These kits usually have 2 options, all road light functions and a permanent live feed or available with all road light functions and full charging system.
These kits are manufactured for the specific vehicle and connect to the manufactures correct fitting points.
Please note: Re-programming of the vehicle with correct software may be necessary to gain these functions where applicable.
Each kit is designed specifically for the vehicle that it is fitted to, and rather than soldering or using 'Scotch Locks' to connect the towbar wiring, which is the case with universal aftermarket wiring, these kits interface with the vehicle systems in the same way as the vehicle manufacturer intended.
- Vehicle Warranty Protected
- Built in Safety Features Activated
- Parking Aids Disabled While Towing
- Higher Cost
- Software Update may be Required